Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goodbye Mother

Marlene Elizabeth Vorster 1938 - 2009
Fill life,
with memories to remember.
Even days and years gone by…
In your heart,
are memories sweet and forever.








Jy was my held, my rots en my inspirasie .
Maar meeste van alles was jy my Ouma.
Which I love and care for so deeply.
You had the fullest personality of any one I have ever met and could offer so much advice and wisdom to family and friends. Your generosity was endless and when you walked into a room we could all feel your presence whether it be your uniqueness, outgoingness or even what you were wearing.

I loved and even at times gave a chuckle at how you always bought and cooked food as if you still had four growing rugby boys. The way you spoke and cared for all your animals, Vetti the dog, the chickens and even the little kwikstertjies.
These are all the things that made you the loving and caring person you were that created a place in all our hearts.

I think Ouma Marlene can be an example to all of us sitting here today celebrating her beautiful life. To life like there’s no tomorrow. Stand for what you believe in but most of all…. As jy ‘n mooi top sien vir R800 wat jy rerig van hou, koop dit voor iemand anders dit kry! You only live once so make the most of it.

Like my sister Amy and I used to call her, Ouma Maween I will always love you and never forget the fond memories we shares. The sweetie draw, tea and rusks in bed with oupa, Walking kallep, Shopping for so long we literally dropped and of course your out-of-this-world trifle!

I am so proud to call myself your oldest granddaughter. I love you and will see you in paradise, one day where we will once again walk hand in hand.
        - Elizabeth(16)

No comments: