Tuesday, August 03, 2010

I like photographs...

I like photographs, it's the main reason why I involve myself with photography and cameras and everything else that goes with it. My favourite type of photograph is the Snapshot, it's even better than the portrait. Until I find something more descriptive this will be the best snapshot quote:

"...you cant help but be helplessly reminded of the sort of bleached Kodak snapshots taken decades ago and found in shoe boxes in attics everywhere. You know the type, all yellowed and filmy, always a big faded car in the background and fashions that look surprisingly hip. When you see such photos, you cant help but wonder at just how sweet and sad and innocent all moments of life are rendered by the tripping of a camera’s shutter, for at that point the future is still unknown and has yet to hurt us, and also for that brief moment, our poses are accepted as honest." - from Generation X by Douglas Coupland

I published some of my own snapshots on the web, in two parts, called What's Life Without Pictures? and What's Life Without Pictures? part II (please browse in full screen)

No comments: